Aaron Rodgers (Shoulder)
- Eyeing a Week 15 return, obviously he needs to be added in every league. Which means those of you that dropped jordy should think about picking him byke up. They get CAR and MIN in fantasy playoffs.
Tyrod Taylor (Knee)
- Patellar tendon contusion - not practicing Wednesday - coach wants to see how well he can move and scramble, but that'll have to happen in the next two days if he's going to play, i'd put his chances less than 50%, and if he does he'll certainly be less than 100% healthy. Sucks because they have such a great matchup against the Colts - but if he doesn't go... HERE COMES 5 PICK PETERMAN!!!!! Can't suggest starting anyone in the offense outside of Shady.
Matthew Stafford (Hand)
- Not broken, but badly bruised and swollen. Not significant but not "out of the woods". He'll take probably little to no reps in practice this week as they ice that thing for 7 hours a day. Hopefully he can play in Tampa, it's a great matchup. If not Jake Rudock will be the starter and it's a big downgrade to the Lions, LLC.
Alex Collins (Migraines)
- Kinda out of nowhere, but apparently he's dealing with migraines, probably to due with the amount of hits he's taken considering he's been the workhorse here, averaging almost 19 touches per game over their last 5. They play at PIttsburgh on SNF - oh wow just realized another primetime afc north matchup let's gooo. Well Pitt will be without Ryan Shazier so that's a big hit to this defense, he was PFF's #8 overall graded LB. If Collins plays he's a low RB1. If he doesn't Buck Allen should see the bulk of early work, Woodhead definitely gets a nice boost too, both guys I'd be okay filling in as a flex.
Adrian Peterson (Neck)
- Non committal on Week 14 status. Didn't practice again on Wednesday, they're waiting for clearance from the docs. The less he practices the more likely to sit. In his Week 13 absence. Kerwynn Williams stepped in and ran the rock 16 times for 97 yards - he looked good, only problem is that it's an RBBC. D.J. Foster was the only back used in the pass game, he had 5 targets. Elijhaa Penny vultured Williams for a goal-line score. I wouldn't get too excited about Mr. Kerwynn. They get a really tough matchup against the Titans who rank 3rd in the NFL allowing 3.5 ypc, have let up just one run of 20+ yards and 0 of 40+. No RB has gone over 77 yards on them this year (Ajayi in Week 5 needed 25 carries).
Ameer Abdullah (Neck)
- Didn't play in Week 13, Riddick had 62 yards on 10 touches and a score. He'll be a legit RB2 in Week 14 against the Bucs if AA sits again just based on the floor. Some guy named Tion Green - UDFA from UofCincy 23 years old - 11/51/1.
- His measurable are actually gross. You know you're doing somethign wrong when you're comparable is Rob Kelley - 3rd % SPARQ. Wouldn't expect a dominant performance from Green again, probably just more snaps down the stretch. If AA plays I actually like him as a low RB2/flex. The Bucs have been really bad against the run - Jamall Williams and Aaron Jones just ran all over them and Tevin Coleman threw up a 100 spot and 2 tuddys the week before.
Mark Ingram (Toe)
- Limited on Monday, sat out on Tuesday and Wednesday, very ??. They play Thursday night against Atlanta so it's definitely a little scary. If he can't go Kamara is RB1. If he does play I want him in my lineup still as an RB1 - his last 3 games against Atlanta - 20 half PPR fantasy points per.
Amari Cooper (Concussion + Ankle)
- Missed Week 13 and still in the concussion protocol, along with nursing the ankle injury reportedly. Truly questionable for Week 14 which sucks considering how bad they are against the pass - just got torched by Spaghetti Anderson and Jermaine Kearse. Allowing the 2nd most FPs to WRs on the year - Oh ... and this is the matchup Cooper went 11-210-2 earlier in the year... Crabtree should be a top-10 option at WR this week if Cooper doesn't go.
Kelvin Benjamin (Torn Miniscus)
- Listed as day-to-day, practicing for the first time. It's a great matchup versus Indy but Tyrod might be out so would be a big downgrade. Probably staying away from him in my lineup all together
Robert Woods (Shoulder)
- With Woods expected to miss multiple weeks, we saw what both Watkins and Cooper Kupp are capable of in good matchups. Both Rams wideouts had big days in Week 12 against a Saints defense missing their top 2 CBs. In Week 13 they have a divisional game at home against the Cardinals who have given up the 9th most FPs to WRs in 2017. With Patrick Peterson likely draped on Watkins, Kupp is a really good play in this week. I'd consider him a high-end WR2 and Watkins a low-WR2 or high WR3.
Rishard Matthews (Hamstring)
- Day to day - practiced on Wednesday so it's a good sign. They play Arizona, I'm not sure who Pat Pete would shadow, if either but it's clear Matthews has been the best WR the Titans have this year. He would be my preferred play over Davis if he plays. I'll be the first to admit, I was super bullish on Davis these weeks, but he's disappointed big time and you can't trust him.
Greg Olsen (Foot)
- Practicing in full, won't be limited. Supposedly was nervous about the artifical turf, but he'll be ready to roll. It's a really tough matchup against Minnesota. Rhodes will be shadowing Funchess most likely will be covered by Rhodes and got hurt at the end of the game so he's banged up. All they have left is Cmac and MIN has given up the single fewest points to RBs on the szn. Just 35 rec yards a game to RBs and just a single RB rec TD on the year.
Jordan Reed (Hamstring)
- Out again but Reed has been buttcheeks as of late, not a reliable option at this point when other streamers are avail - my next two.
Zach Ertz (Concussion)
- Suffered in late 3rd quarter of SNF - Trey Burton would be big as a streamer. He's a super athletic guy that can do most of what Ertz does - filled in in Week 9 vs Denver and went for 41 yards and a touchdown. The TE slot in PHI is seeing 28% of Wentz' targets in 2017. Don't really care that it's a tough matchup @ LA - should be a shootout - Burton has Ertz-like upside.
C.J. Fiedorowicz (Concussion)
- Headed to the IR, I normally wouldn't care but this leaves the TE position in Houston open for Stephen Anderson who stepped in and caught 5 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown. in Week 13. Anderson's just 24, a good athlete with very good measurables:
- It's not the first time he's flashed this szn, going 2-63 against KC and 4-44 vs Indy. Both were at home and their Week 14 matchup is at home vs SF. Prior to Week 13, the Niners had gone 6 straight weeks giving up a touchdown to the TE. He's a top-10 option this week.
Defensive Player Injuries
Jimmy Smith (Ravens - CB)
- Torn achilles/suspension. Huge hit to one of the top rated pass defenses. Per PFF, Smith hadn't allowed a TD in coverage in 2017.
- 1st round rookie Marlon Humphrey will be pressed into an every down role opposite Brandon Carr. Neither are close to Smith's caliber.
Domata Peko/Derek Wolfe (Broncos - DL)
- Peko.... Wolfe injured his neck and will likely be placed on IR to finish the szn. Both guys have graded out as top 30 run defenders (interior defenders) per PFF. It'll open up a lot of running lanes for Forte and Powell in Week 14. They were walloped on the ground by Kenyan Drake in Week 13.
Falcons - Desmond Trufant/Brian Poole (CBs)
- Both guys had to sit out in Week 13 which likely led Case Keenum to throw for 227 yards and two tuddys, but they're both looking ready to go which will be a downgrade for Brees and this passing offense who currently rank 3rd in the NFL with 266 pyards/game. It's a low number to be ranked 3rd, in the previous few seasons that would've ranked between 5th and 10th.
Tre'Davious White/Shaq Lawson (Bills - CB/DL)
- He'll be 50/50 after getting the people's elbow from Gronk. Lawson is out a couple of weeks after rolling his ankle. Lawson has been good in run defense this year, so it's an upgrade all round for the Colts.
Logan Ryan (Titans - CB)
- Suffered a concussion, has been their best CB all year, will be an upgrade to Gabbert and Fitzgerald in Week 14 if he sits. Ryan has been running 75% of his routes from the slot.
Steelers vs. Bengals Wrestlemania:
Vontaze Burfict, Ryan Shazier, Pacman Jones, Dre Kirkpatrick, George Iloka (Suspended)
As you should know by now, the notable WR/CB matchup sheet comes out tomorrow around noonish - if you haven't yet signed up for my newsletter go head over to the site, BDGEat.com - on the home page drop your info and you'll get an email every Tuesday (Waiver Wire + Murky RB Sheet) and Thursday (Weekly Video + Notable WR/CB Matchup Sheet) goes up.
Guys I Love This Week
Philip Rivers - QB (vs. WAS) - 46% started
- Great matchup at home - Rivers has thrown for at least 330 yards and/or multiple passing touchdowns in every home game this year except one back in Week 3. Rivers is on fire right now averaging 316 passing yards over his last 4 four games with 8 touchdowns, he's QB5 over that span. If you take out anyone named Dak or Eli, since Week 4, the Skins have given just about 300 passing yards per game and 2.3 passing TDs/game. It's an easy start for me.
Jamies Winston - QB (vs. DET)
- Really like Jamies again - 270/2 in his first game back. This DET defense is banged up, haven't been getting much pressure on their QBs. Winston is another week healthier. The Lions over their last 5 games are allowing about 280 yards of offense to the opposing QB, that includes names like Brett Hundley, Kizer, Trubisky, Keenum and Flacco. They gave up 270+ and 2 tuddys to Keenum and Flacco in their last 2 - along with a handful of rushing scores to these QBs.
WRs I'll talk about in my WR/CB matchup column dropping later today.
Dion Lewis/Rex Burkhead - RB (@MIA)
- Really love this combo again. Don't think I need to explain it - Lewis getting a lot of carries and killing it with efficiency, Burkhead is just a savage, scoring tuddys, catching passes, goal-line work.
Samaje Perine (@LAC)
- Sort of a rough game last week but he'll bounce back in Week 14 against a terrible LAC run d, they've let up a ton of FPs to the RB position this year, look for Perine to capitalize.
Alex Collins (@PIT - SNF)
- Hopefully he plays, like I said he's become their featured back, gets this PITT d on a short week, without their defensive captain.
Matt Forte (@DEN)
- Getting a bunch of touches still, Broncos getting washed by the run as of late - probably without Domata Peko (MAYBE) and Derek Wolfe now who's on the IR.
Spoke on Trey Burton and Stephen Anderson already.
Guys I Hate This Week
Cam Newton (vs. MIN)
going against MIN - 4th fewest FPs to QBs. They've given up a combined 31.8 fantasy points to the last 3 QBs that have played them. As I mentioned with Olsen before, his top pass catcher Funchess is banged up as has to face Rhodes, so normally he'd lean on CMac, but MIN is one of the best in the NFL at taking away receiving work to RBs. I just don't think Cam will have a lot of success here unless he luckily breaks awy a big run or two.
Along with Cam - we'll go Cmac - he's going for 60 total yards without a score - mark it down. Come for blood if I'm wrong.
I also don't love Kenyan Drake even though he's comig off the big game. Playing against NE who held him to 20 rushing yards on 9 carries just two weeks ago. They haven't allowed an opposing RB to score a TD or surpass 11.5 fantasy points since Week 8 - I really don't know how Uncle Bill does it, but this team just flips a switch midway through the szn.
Jay Ajayi (@SEA) - 95% Started
- Stellar run defense, not sense of consistency with backfield touches.